Welcome to PC-toefl's Forum
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.
Welcome to PC-toefl's Forum

De nghi moi nguoi can viet phan Selling Yoursefl!

Trang ChínhPortalliGalleryTìm kiếmLatest imagesĐăng kýĐăng Nhập

Topic 41 - 50

Go down 
Tác giảThông điệp
Admin
Admin

Tổng số bài gửi : 94
Registration date : 28/11/2007

Topic 41 - 50 Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Topic 41 - 50   Topic 41 - 50 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 7:35 pm

TEST 41
Do you like to live in an old house or in a modern flat?
I live in an old house, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I wouldn't want to live in a modern flat at all. Let me tell you why.
Our old houses are very solidly built and will weather big storms. The walls are thicker than those of a modern flat, and this keeps out the summer heat. Also, our roof is tiled, and I like to climb up inside the house and listen to the sound of the rain beating on the outside.
Also, old houses seem friendlier than new ones. The sharp edges are worn smooth, making everything more comfortable to me. Old houses are bigger too, with extra rooms for everything, and this makes our houses more fun to play in.
Then, too, our old houses often have a nice big yard around it, and that makes a good place to play in, and also a place to keep my pet dog. If I lived in a flat, I couldn't have a pet. So now you can see why I am so happy to live in a big, old house.

TEST 42
Suppose you are living away from home in a foreign land.
Write a short letter to your parents, telling them about your feelings and impressions.

Dear Mom and Dad,
By this time I am well-adjusted to living away from home. Living in another country is the only way to become acquainted with what the people are really like, it is only by becoming very good friends with some of the American students here at school that I have gained lots of insights into their way of life.
Even though the countryside looks very different here and the weather changes to great extremes, from winter cold and snow to summer sun and heat, I find that people are the same everywhere. Everyone has friends. Everyone is concerned about living in peace with his fellowmen, but sometimes this is hard to see clearly. All men have love for their country and a need to do satisfying work. And everyone needs to have a home of his own and to raise his own family.
I am learning a lot by being here for so long. I am learning about life through living here, and not just from studying at the university.
However, studying is what I must do right now. So until I write again, I remain your loving son.

TEST 43

Relate a sad happening in your life.
I have lost several valuable things during my life and have been unhappy but I have never felt as sorrowful as I have of late-after learning that I had just lost a dear friend (whom) I had known for so many years.
One morning when I was studying my lesson, I received a telegram. I opened it and read the sad news-my friend had been killed in a car accident. I was shocked and could not believe the words in the message. Just last week we saw each other at a party and chatted happily about everything. Could it be that we would never meet again? I took the telegram, read it over and over again, hoping that I had misread it or that it had been an error.
But the more I read, the more my doubts were dispelled. It must be true. I was so sad that I couldn't do anything. Suddenly tears dimmed my eyes. I remembered studying with him and the good times we had gone swimming together. Then, I recalled his sincerity and faithfulness. We seemed to understand and relate with each other almost as if we had been identical twins. I felt very close to him. I also knew how deeply I would miss him, realizing acutely that a good friend is a precious treasure. It is painful to think that I have lost one person who understood, comforted and brought so much joy to my life. I know I will always remember him but hope that time will help (to) lighten my grief and loss.

TEST 44
What benefits can traveling (travelling) bring to you?
To supplement what we learn from books and teachers, schools usually organize trips for students. Many students considered the planned trips as social outings designed for pleasure only. They don't realize all the knowledge and benefits they can derive from travel.
In reality these trips can bring about so many physical, social and mental benefits. Let's describe these benefits in details.
In some of our travels we have an opportunity to live amongst nature, to inhale clean air and fresh breeze. We also have opportunities to take long walks, to run, to jump and climb freely so that we can develop physically healthy bodies. On such trips our appetite improves and we sleep soundly.
In addition, we gain a lot of social and mental benefits from our trips. Travels and outings provide students with opportunities to be joyful and friendly, and so escape from everyday routines. They give us a chanc9e to become better -acquainted and socialize with others. From these contacts, we learn how to relate to people, exchange ideas and gain friends. Our trips provide us with association with nature, give us time to relax, meditate and to enjoy games out-of-doors (outdoors). Living with others in groups helps us (to) form good habits such as sharing consideration for others, resourcefulness and friendliness. Moreover, travels and outings will help to develop our knowledge and supplement what we learn from books and teachers. The lessons on Geography, History and Science will be more meaningful to us, enriched through true-to-life observations and experiences. Through travels we can also learn about our beautiful country, the historical relics, the places of interest, the rich resources of our country, the progress that has taken place and the improvements that need to be made. As a result, we turn to know and love our country more.
In conclusion, trips are usually beneficial to us. However, to gain the most from our outings we should learn to observe carefully and put in practice rules of good social behavior. We should also learn how to enjoy nature and respect its numerous beautiful offerings. If we keep in mind and practice (practise) all of the points involved in travelling successfully, we can benefit greatly from these experiences.

TEST 45
Write a letter to a foreign friend of your introducing him (or her) one aspect of the Vietnamese culture.
Dear John,
I am very happy as I write this letter to you today because this is a happy time of the year in Vietnam. It is the time of Tet, our New Year.
Later I will write to tell you about some other aspects of our Vietnamese culture, but now let me just tell you about this special holiday, Tet.
"Tet" is the start of our lunar year. It does not fall on the same date as your New Year - January 1", but we usually celebrate it somewhere from January 15th to February 28th. At this time of the year, the shops are busy, especially those in the Central Market where gaily-wrapped sweets and other goodies fill the shelves. Many people come to buy and the shops are very crowded.
Everyone likes to wear new clothes to start the New Year. Then too, gifts must be bought for all relatives, especially for grandparents. Some streets are lined with pretty flowers and big watermelons are for on sale along others. From what I have read and heard, it is similar to your Christmas.
"Tet" is a favorite holiday of most Vietnamese people. The culture and traditions of "Tet" have been passed on to us for so many generations. Before and during "Tet" we observe these customs and traditions.
In my next letter I will tell you more about some of the special customs we observe during this time.
May I close by wishing you "Cung Chuc Tan Xuan", our words for "Happy New Year".
Your friend,

TEST 46
You have just arrived to visit a foreign country. Write to your parents announcing that you have arrived safely and ask them to send something to you.

Dear Mother and Father,
This letter is to let you know that I have arrived safely in Singapore. My first impressions are that Singapore is a beautiful country and that I am going to enjoy my stay here very much.
Everything is so clean and beautiful and very well-organized. The airport is very large and modern and I could see that they have just completed the modernization. The people working there were friendly, courteous and very helpful. They made me feel very welcome to their city. The taxi from the airport downtown was readily available and very inexpensive.
My hotel is a new modern one with every convenience. The tourist bulletin that I found in my room suggests to me so many different things that I might like to see and do, so I am sure that I will be busy every minute.
Unfortunately, I forgot the shopping list that I had made out before I came here. As you know, many of my friends asked me to buy something for them. I can not possibly remember everything, so would you please send the list to me.
I miss both of you and wish that you were here with me. Don't worry about me because this is a very secure and safe place. I will write again in a few days.
Your loving son,

TEST 47
Relate an accident you've witnessed
Last week my next-door neighbor was cooking dinner when there was a telephone call. She rushed out of the kitchen to answer the telephone but forgot to turn off the -gas-stove. The telephone conversation lasted for quite a long time.
When she finished the conversation and got back to the kitchen, she found the gas-stove was on fire. Frightened out of her wits, she threw water over the fire. However, the fire did not die out but got bigger and bigger instead, causing her to burn herself. She then shouted for help. Her husband, who was busy making furniture outside in the yard, burst into the kitchen, and placed a large wet piece of cloth over the fire. The fire immediately went out. He then put a bandage over his wife's burns.
We should be very careful while cooking and should learn how to deal with fire.

TEST 48
Tell about your indoor hobby and why you enjoy it
Experience has taught me a valuable lesson, which is that I should have an indoor hobby to occupy myself in my spare-time; otherwise I might spend my leisure-time on entertaining games which are either mindless or wasteful. After careful consideration I decided to start stamp collection since I regard postage stamps as objects of interest and value. For stamps to be accepted for use as postage, stamps undergo screening steps, and only those stamps which excelled the others in meanings, in artistic skills, and aesthetic designs will be selected. So a stamp is really a cultural trait of the country which issues it.
What could be more interesting than having in my hand such a masterpiece?
Stamps teach lessons on geography and history. I, of course, will have to look up from dictionaries or other books to discover more about the origin of stamps. This will broaden my geographical and historical knowledge more and more.
Then, too, collecting stamps is quite a relaxing activity. I can well imagine how a new beautiful stamp, whether, it is a domestic or overseas one, could make, me happy watching it for hours on end. So my hobby can help me relax.
All in all, stamp collecting further stimulates my creative and intellectual growth, which makes me never feel guilty about wasting time.

TEST 49
In not more than 100 words write a letter of three paragraphs inviting a friend to spend a weekend with your family at your home in the country
Dear Phu,
I'm writing you this letter to invite you to spend some days with my family in the country.
Your final term examinations have just been over and you must have studied hard. To get rid of the stress from school activities, come to my country to relax for some days. My family and I have made some arrangements for your arrival.
Now it's the harvest time in my country. We'll have a lot of interesting things to do if you like the farm work. In the morning we'll take part in the harvest. In the afternoon we'll take a swim in the river or go fishing on nearby ponds. Hurry up Phu, lots of nice surprise are waiting for you!
Cordially yours,
Trung
Tran Vi§t Trung

TEST 50
Describe a day spent by the river or by the sea.
Summer comes together with its extreme heat and nobody can resist the temptation to spend their holiday at the seaside.
Last week, in order to escape from the suffocating atmosphere of a crowded city, my friends and I decided to go to Vung Tau beach. When we got to the seaside, the beach had already been crammed with holiday makers. They were either sunbathing on the beach or swimming in the river. After walking along the beach for a short time, we all took off our clothes and put on our swimming costumes. We dived into the water and let ourselves drift along on the waves.
Swimming brought us a good appetite. We enjoyed some sea foods and then took a quick nap after lunch.
In the afternoon we strolled along the beach, inhaling in rapture the fresh sea air and took lots of photographs.
A holiday at the seaside helped us get rid of all worries and trouble and gave us health and enthusiasm to resume work again.
Về Đầu Trang Go down
https://pc-toefl.forumvi.com

Topic 41 - 50
Về Đầu Trang 
Trang 1 trong tổng số 1 trang